Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Reflections on Brazil

And, we're back. Yes, our Brazil delegation is now home in Dallas and is already preparing for the school year ahead. Still, our time in Brazil is still very much in our minds and hearts. Before we left Brazil, our students filled out an evaluation of the exchange. Here is a glimpse into what they had to say:

1) In a few words, how would you describe your time in Brazil?

- the experience of a lifetime
- Amazing and life-changing - I have found a part of myself that I never knew that I had
- unforgettable, inspiring, breath-taking, exciting
- extraordinary - the happiest, most lovable, positive and beautiful place and experience
- unique, joyful, eco-friendly, adventurous , such a blast
- better than anything I could have anticipated or imagined

2) Tell us about your host family

- so kind, they really took the time to get to know me
- they included me in everything
- incredible, they made a huge effort to communicate with me
- so welcoming and nice
- I love them so much and will miss them with all my heart
- the perfect match for me

3) How did you feel about the SERVIAM / Social work experience ?

- I saw a SERVIAM presence in Sonia and her bravery and love has helped me to realize who I should aim to become..
- The work we did took my SERVIAM to a whole other level... I had never been exposed to something like that before and it showed me how thankful I need to be for the things God has blessed me with ...
- I hope we made their days and lives just a little brighter
- They (the volunteers) were completely selfless in their care and love
- It was very important for me... I am involved with Special Olympics in Texas so I feel very connected to children with special needs.. I felt "at home" .. SERVIAM is in the heart of the nurses 

In addition to the comments above, our students wrote volumes about how much they loved the food, scenery and, most of all, the people of Brazil. We are all missing our happy days in Brazil but now we are turning our attention to receiving our Brazilian friends in Dallas this September. We cannot wait to see you again!! Thank you for a wonderful experience !!!

A little look back :
















No comments:

Post a Comment