Friday, March 14, 2014

Day in DC Part I by UA Delegate Anel - Wilmington

Our first stop in Washington was the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception next to the Catholic University of America. The Basilica was very beautiful and breathtaking on the outside. As I made my way inside, I felt like I was in a whole other world. It was so peaceful and a great place to contemplate, reflect, and just to talk to God. On the side, there were different small rooms with alters of different saints. I felt especially drawn to the Our Lady of Guadalupe. I went in to thank her for letting us get here safe and that we may get home safely. I left the Basilica with a sense of peace, and was ready for the trip to the Capitol.
Our Lady of Guadalupe

Delegation outside the National Shrine

St. Angela stained-glass window at the National Shrine

No comments:

Post a Comment